Friday, December 21, 2012

christmas with emmy

People said the Holidays are more fun with kids and we have definitely found that to be true! Despite the week at the hospital, Emmy's first December has been so full of joy. 

Strangely enough, she developed a strange sort of chipmunk laugh at the hospital and it has kept Joe and I laughing since. She tries to listen to our conversations and laughs when we do. She laughs when she thinks of something funny and at almost everything Rufus does. 

Her happiness is contagious and Joe and I needed that more than she knows. She is making her parent's marriage better without even trying. 

She also enjoys unwrapping presents, which has been fun for her and not so fun for me but since she's laughing about it I can't bring myself to stop her. She has crawled under the tree a few times and tried to pull it down and has been responding to "no ma'am" very well! She just smiles back at me and moves on to something else. 


We got so lucky with Santa this year! We weren't sure if we wanted to brave the largest mall in Birmingham to wait for Santa but we knew we needed to do it for Emmy's sake. After church on Sunday my mom and Rich took us to lunch at the Summit. It was raining and cold but when we walked out of the restaurant, Santa was just sitting in his chair with no one around! I asked if he was "open" and he said his camera man had bailed due to the rain but that we could take our own pictures for free. Heck yes!! 


Emmy loved him, look at her smile!



No comments:

Post a Comment