Thursday, May 30, 2013

keeping up with the hensons...


I was talking to a friend the other day about how I finally feel "ready" to have another baby. (No, I'm not pregnant!) She thought I was crazy because she's reaching the end of her pregnancy and is ready for it to be over. When I look back to being pregnant, I don't remember the bad parts, I don't remember childbirth being painful or the way complete lack of sleep made me go a little crazy.


I mean, I remember it, but it seems like I must have made a big deal out of nothing because I could SO do that. Except, I do know it was hard and besides, we can't afford another kid in daycare and we are so happy how things are for now. 


Emmy's first ride in the car-cart! She drove this sucker around like a mad woman (or was that me?)...

This is all to say, I am reminded at how quickly we forget things.

I can't remember when Emmy started clapping her hands or when she first said "mama". I go through pictures in my phone and the chronology surprises me. I'm going to have to get better about tracking milestones and even little things on this blog. 

So, what's up with Emmy and the Henson's right now?
ake up! (wake up!) while slapping us until we get out of bed
ahbeeahbeeahbee or emmyemmyemmy sometimes she gets it right, but she always says it over and over again like that!
dobby (doggy) I am about to let her rename him Dobby!
momma, mommeee, daddeee
hi or hieeee (she likes to acknowledge people when they come into a room)
cup
no (but she prefers to shake her head)
up, up (to be picked up)
okay (pretty much entirely random)
what (she only says this when we say her name to get her attention)
Emmy can feed herself with a fork or spoon, brush her teeth (or suck all of the toothpaste off a toothbrush), walk around the house without help, and even work my iphone! Seriously, she pushes the home button to light it up, works her little fingers until it's unlocked and then scrolls through the apps. She has an app called "peekaboo barn" that I let her play but now that she knows how to update a facebook status, she can't be trusted!


She also loves giving kisses. This is her kissy face and she does it more for her Aunt Ash than anyone else. It was so fun having her around to help with Emmy and just to see the two of them playing together. Emmy is very lucky to have a big family that loves her so much.

Speaking of the Hensons... we have been busy. After getting another solid round of pneumonia and bronchitis (all 3 of us) we are happy to be healthy and able to enjoy the beautiful weather.

We spent memorial day weekend at the lake, at my mom's pool, the park and we even made a stop at Avondale brewery. 

Emmy and Aunt Yelli by the lake - 

Joe feels pretty comfortable at his Nanny & Papa Bill's house - 

Emmy and Aunt Ash playing outside the brewery -

Emmy + Sandy at my mom's pool

Emmy and her cousin, Hannah - (They are going to be best friends!)


This week back at work was long and rough. The mortgage industry isn't forgiving but most things that are rewarding are not easy. I look at these pictures and remember what the work is about. I keep going back to the office so I can enjoy the time I have with my family and especially my little Emmy. 

My day is long tomorrow but it will be family time soon enough!

1 comment:

  1. like it z0o32f9i54 replica bags replica bags on amazon Learn More Here w6f03g2b84 best replica bags replica prada nylon bags Read More Here c9s57s9h68 replica louis vuitton bag 9a replica bags

    ReplyDelete