Saturday, May 4, 2013

emmy's faves (12-14 months)

Even though we just got back from the beach, I feel like I need a vacation! Traveling with a baby is both tremendous fun and exhausting. I'll be working on a post about our trip with lots of pictures... get excited!!

This trip also reminded me of how a "new" toddler is in a unique stage between infant and toddler. She doesn't sleep as much as she used to so the car ride is full of goldfish and silly faces and singing to keep her entertained. She doesn't care much about a movie and her toys only entertain her for a few minutes. 

I've also noticed that Emmy doesn't need a lot of toys. She has  a few favorites and the rest stay in a basket unnoticed. I'm sure she will eventually love them but for now, her all-time favorite toy is a plastic spoon and bowl. She pretends to feed herself for HOURS. She also loves her xylophone and beats it with anything she can find. My mom knew what she was doing when she bought one for Emmy. It's loud and annoying and send shivers up my spine but she is happy so I let her keep it. 

The Fisher Price laugh and learn dog is adorable. She kisses his nose and he sings or says something sweet to her. She uses it as a walker and loads up the middle part with anything that will fit. She has a little pink car that has groceries in it that she can steer better but this pup wins all her kisses. 

I am obsessed with TOMS shoes for babies. The cordones above are the easiest shoes to put on and they look adorable with everything. She has a blue and white pair and I'm going to be buying more in every size as she grows. Maybe one day I'll even splurge and by myself a pair!

Finally, those little food packs. We buy only organic and I try to get a good variety with yogurt, spinach or kale, quinoa, etc. I know these packs are probably not helping her aversion to fruit textures (she still refuses most fresh fruit) but at least until she gets a little older, I know she is getting the nutrients even if it isn't the preferred form. These are really convenient too. She can feed herself and most of the time she doesn't make any kind of mess! 

If all we had during most days were those items above, Emmy would be completely content. I am so absolutely in love with this little girl and the happiness she spreads. I can't wait to post about the beach trip (except I can because I know it's going to be a long one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment