Monday, December 9, 2013

best ever hot cocoa recipe

homemade hot chocolate recipe

I love getting crafty and I love it even more when I'm paid to do it. Everyone is working on projects at the office (it's slow season) and I offered to make some gifts for agents, attorneys and clients. There is always a lot of baked goods going around and it is so hard not to eat cookies and donuts when they are sitting around the office all day. 

I wanted to do something cute that can be taken home and used over time. 
I decided to come up with my own recipe for hot cocoa and put the mix in mason jars. 

The best hot cocoa recipe ever:

2.5 cups instant non-fat milk
1 cup cocoa powder
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon corn starch
1 teaspoon salt
2 pinches of cinnamon
pinch of cayenne pepper

Mix ingredients well and store in air-tight container. To serve, mix with hot water. I preferred about 2 tablespoons of cocoa to water ratio, Joe likes his more like 2 to 1 water to cocoa.

Top with marshmallows and miniature chocolate chips for fun!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment