Tuesday, July 24, 2012

you NEED this.

Seriously... I bought this on a whim, per this blog's recommendations on making your own baby food:

Boon Squirt via Amazon
In one feeding, Emmy's meals went from water torture (for me) to a regular toddler feeding. I added another variable this time that I can't ignore: I allowed her to eat leaning back on her boppy rather than sitting up in her chair. This was definitely important but the boon spoon is genius!

I loaded it up with 75% of a gerber carrots tub. I squeezed it in and she swallowed it. It went into her mouth and she ate it. I can't explain the joy of something so simple. Then, a miracle occurred: she placed her hand on mine and repeatedly brought the spoon to her mouth, opened her mouth (I squeeze), she swallowed a bit, then pushed my hand back so she could smack/swallow. Repeat x 100. 

I was so excited, hysterically laughing and cheering her on. I just felt compelled to let other people know of this little guy, a red-hot sexy feeding machine known intimately as the "squirtster".


1 comment:

  1. Neat! Hopefully I remember this for any future babies!

    ReplyDelete