Friday, March 29, 2013

one moment a day

I realize this bumper looks terrifying. She loves to cuddle up to it and we have watched her very closely over the past year and she is okay!
My favorite time of day is Emmy's bed time. Not the full ritual. The bath time is overly drawn out (how can a kid continue to sit in a cold bath and still have a good time!?) Then there's the struggle to get her in the tight pajamas and suited in a night-time diaper. She gets tired fast and is impatient for bed. But once she is ready, she leaps into my arms.

Then I get to hold her. 

Pure, sweet, holding. She hugs me back and I know that these moments won't last forever as I hold her tightly and kiss her head. One day she won't let me hold and kiss her, she'll be a big girl and she won't need me in this way. But for now, this is the best moment.

And sometimes, when she wakes up at night, I get to steal that moment again.

No comments:

Post a Comment