Friday, October 18, 2013

sweet ballerina pictures

Emmy has been so much fun this week. Last night, we didn't even turn the tv on after dinner. We all went upstairs and played in Emmy's room, reading books, dancing and sliding around in her play house. I put together a cute little ballerina outfit for Halloween at daycare and I got her to try it on (it wasn't hard, she loves getting dressed). 

She looked ridiculously cute so I grabbed my camera and started playing with my new lens (canon 50mm f/1.8) to try out the low aperture (blurry background) setting. The hard part about this lens is that you can't zoom in or out and you actually have to get pretty far from your subject (not easy when your subject wants to be in your lap at all times). The effect is awesome though. I used iphoto's "antique" adjustment to tone down the pink in some pictures (like the first one).  



Emmy loves her books. We read A LOT. I have about 10 more books in my amazon cart and I add them to other orders every now and then. Not so much for Emmy, she is happy with reading the same book over and over again... but for me and Joe so we can get some fresh reads!






I adjusted the light setting to allow more in and got this pic. Unfortunately, this is how you know an Emmy is ready for bed so I dropped the camera and read a few of those books to her... 

 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment