Tuesday, October 1, 2013

movie night


This is the exact moment Emmy first watched The Little Mermaid. 

 This movie just came out of Disney's "vault" and I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning opening my amazon box when I got home. I have prepped Emmy for this moment by singing her the "Part of your World" song pretty much ever since she was born. This is my favorite kid's movie of all time and even though Joe whined about me starting it... Emmy has been asleep for half an hour and we are still watching it... actually, he is watching it and I'm typing. 

Today was such a great day. There was no particular reason that this day should be good but it was. I spent most of yesterday trying to appease an irrational child. She had a fever Sunday night and threw up three times so I couldn't take her to school. I still had to work so I spent most of the day trying to give her everything she wanted except the one thing she really wanted which was my attention. 

I struggle so much with my job on those days. I have the luxury of working from home with unlimited sick days but I can't really give 100% to work or my kid and they both need me. 
And, I really love them both so much.

I had two loans close today and I have gotten to know both families so well that I was a little sad to see them close and move on with their life. How weird is that? I was happy for them too but now I won't have any reason to talk to them! It did feel good to get them off "the books" though. I have such a love/hate relationship with the cyclical nature of my job. Most loans close around the end of the month - at the same time that most people make offers on their next home. So, I spend one week of the month losing my mind starting new loans and closing current loans. That was mostly last week. This week is the exciting new loan part. Everyone is so happy and the loan paperwork appears simple. 

It's hard for the joy of the new purchases and contracts not to get contagious. Especially during the holidays. Today the seller was telling the buyer how many pounds of candy to buy for the neighborhood kids and were bragging about the local football team. Maybe it's because I have such happy memories of my childhood but I just started getting emotional of the new little family and all the memories they would soon be making.

Plus, Emmy was riding a high today. She felt so much better than she did yesterday, it was all smiles and dancing and cuddling after work. She has started giving us big hugs and kisses. I will scoop her up and give her neck lots of kisses until it tickles and she can't stand it any longer. She tries to do it back and she mostly just hot breathes on me and it actually tickles so I can't help but laugh. I know these moments won't last forever but there is just so much affection in our family. 

I just can't stand how much I love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment