Monday, November 11, 2013

a little coffee nook

I've admittedly become a little obsessed with our house. Once I realized that we wouldn't be moving anytime soon, I started to look at our house as a more permanent home. More than ever before, I wanted to spend the time and money on making it more reflective of my style.

Unlike the home and garden television shows, these things take time. I've been slowly but surely making changes since March of this year. Every now and then I do something small that I just love. 


This little coffee nook just makes me so happy.


Joe bought the Nespresso espresso machine and milk frother for me on Mother's Day.  We had a Keurig but I prefer lattes and he actually prefers old-fashioned coffee so I took the Keurig to the office and lined up our machines on the counter. It wasn't very pretty. We picked up a huge bag of coffee from Costco and didn't have a place to put it. I needed an air-tight container that I wouldn't be embarrassed to have on the counter all the time. 


A quick trip to Target and I came out with this tray (clearance for $14), a 1 gallon mason jar ($17) and a brand new little tea cup ($10 for 2). 

I know it's a silly little coffee nook but sometimes that's all it takes to make your home a little bit cozier. And, I might be slowly but surely sneaking in the Christmas decorations. I know, it's early but I can't help myself. Emmy pointed at this reindeer, threw her head back and said "MOOOOOOO". It was hilarious so I let her hold it. She cuddled it and loved on it like a baby. So obviously, it was hers and now it's on the mantle.  

post signature

2 comments: